[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 150 or 250

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Wed Apr 13 16:46:29 UTC 2005

Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Allan Stirling wrote:
>
>> Tomer Sivilya wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to figure out what is the difference between the PVR-150
>>> and PVR-250 (except about $25)...
>>>
>>> Do both of them supported by myth ? (the 250 I know is - what about
>>> the 150 ?)
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help,
>>> Tom.
>>

>> From a user point of view, there is not much difference between the
>> cards. Both work in Myth.
>>
>> The driver support is much newer for the 150. This means there are
>> still some problems being worked out with it. It's getting *much*
>> better - But if you really don't bleed over $25, get the 250.
>>
>     The -150 uses a different and newer video capture chip than the
> -250/350 (cx88 vs. saa7115). I'm curious to see if there's any
> difference in capture resolution in the -250 vs. the -150.

Actually, it's not quite that simple. The 150 you're talking about is
not a 150. It's a 250 blackbird.

The 150/500 uses a cx25840 as a capture chip - And the native PCI
interface of the cx23416.

The blackbird uses the CX88 as a PCI interface and for it's A->D, etc
and just uses the cx23415/6? as a dumb peripheral.

Cheers,

Allan.