[mythtv-users] Hardware MPEG2 Tuner Comparison

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Apr 13 22:13:16 UTC 2005

> "The adaptive comb filter can choose between 2D and 3D filters depending on
> which is ideal given the source content. However, the comb filter can only be
> used for composite and coaxial video input, not S-Video"
>
> Okay... Someone needs to explain to these guys how video works. They seem to
> be saying it's a shame the comb filter doesn't work on SVideo.

 	I caught that too.  Idiots.  Of course the important question
isn't discussed.... does it work with MythTV.  I'm pretty sure the answer
is a big fat NO.

 	Maybe with all the hubbub on HTPC's these days, ATI or thereabouts
will at least release a binary-only driver for a capture card like that.
Of course MPEG4 would be preferred once they are plentiful.

-Cory