[mythtv-users] Storage space and PVR-250

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 03:24:27 UTC 2005

The .nuv file that the PVR-250 creates is an MPEG-2
file.

I'm not sure what format the large file you're getting
is in (because MythTV calls everything .nuv files for
convenience).

You want to disable automatic transcoding.  This is in
your recording profiles.  Go through all of them to
make sure that you don't have "Automatically transcode
after recording" checked off.

-- Joe