[mythtv-users] Why 2 cards for PIP?

Risto Treksler risto at elkhornbanff.ca
Thu Apr 14 09:28:09 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 12 April 2005 04:19 pm, Brad Templeton wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 05:45:11PM -0000, Risto Treksler wrote:
> > Here is my idea
> >
> > - myth saves position on every exit
> > - allow multiple bookmarks

> I think Myth's UI needs fewer things, not more, so I am not thrilled
> with expansion of menus.

You know what, me neither.
i am probably just used to the old way, but i can *never* ever remember that
"edit schedule" is now under "recording options" and that exipration options
are now under "storage options".

you see, i don't care that transcoding and commflagging are both job options
I just like having the most commonly used items in the top level

for me this would be ideal
===============
-play
    -from beginning (<- default)
    -from where you left off (<- can be set as default)
    -from a bookmark (<-think scene selections)
    -this playlist
-add to playlist
-preserve episode
-edit schedule
-advanced options
   -change group
   -auto expire
   -comm flag
   -transcode
-delete
===============

> A basic UI would display the play-bar for the video and use colours and
> marks to show all these.    ie. like the editing mode, blue for valid
> video, red for cut or commercials, clear/white for
> not-yet-recorded/missing, and green lines for bookmarks.

I like it a lot :) this would be very nice.
- i hope it's trivial enough for me to do.
- like you said, this code in the editor can be used to help witht this

> A fancy UI would pop up captured frames at the bookmarks and
> one-second-past cut-in marks, effectively a scene directory similar to what
> DVDs have.  That's a big step of course.

i still kind of like the idea of letting the user choose from these
scene selections aka bookmarks and commercial or cutlist cut-in points
in the "watch recordings" screen

--
Risto Treksler
Elkhorn Lodge