[mythtv-users] HD playback using on-board nVidia

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 22:18:54 UTC 2005

> That's good news. One of the configs in Jarod's
> guide is a 2500+ (I think), but that's got an AGP
> video card.

I may be wrong but your onboard graphics is AGP, that
is another thing to check but since you had good
performance with mplayer I thought not, cat
/proc/drivers/agp/status

> Makes sense. I'm using Brad Templeton's TvWish and
> that records tons of stuff (which brings transcoding
> and commflagging along), and I'm thinking that I got
> lucky last night - that there was some sort of a
> lull - with the load on my machine. I'll try a
> (better) comparitive test once there's a load on the
> machine.

Don't know of TvWish.  With your CPU I would think
that you would want to have no jobs running while you
are trying to watch, that includes transcode, commflag
and mythtfilldatabase; but once again I am not an
expert in this.

> I've never seen that suggestion before here. I get
> glxgears to work without doing anything special.
> Would that invalidate your suggestion about glx?

Dunno, I had glxgears running earlier w/o problem and
only noticed today the EE on loading glx, haven't
tried glxgears since I fixed the problem (kids are
watching PBSkids now).  I've installed using Jarod's
guide twice now and it seems I had to do the move and
link both times, been trying to get slackware to play
well with myth hence the multip[e installs of FC3.