[mythtv-users] Australian TV grabber (tv_grab_au)

Michael Smith myth at immir.com
Fri Apr 15 01:55:08 UTC 2005

Berry, David wrote:

> How about the ability to map the downloaded station name to the channel
> name in the DB.
>
> Ie: my channels are called: dvbfree.Canberra.PrimS,
> dvbFree.Canberra.10Cap etc, which is obviously different from that
> downloaded from the website.

The old script produces the 10Cap.d1.com style ids, not the website; I
already map channels names from the site, e.g. "SBS NEWS", to xmltvids
like "news.sbs.com.au". The config file produced by 'tv_grab_au
--configure' is easily modified to map them to your own preferred names:

   <http://immir.com/tv_grab_au.conf>

All you will need to do is edit ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_au.conf to contain
lines like this (since you are obviously in Canberra too):

ABC ACT : dvbfree.Canberra.2
ABC2 : dvbfree.Canberra.ABC2
WIN TELEVISION NSW : dvbfree.Canberra.WIN
# etc

> Basically, the ability to define what the channel name is inside the XML
> file.

Done!

Michael.