[mythtv-users] Help running FX5200 + DVI to 1280x720 projector

Steve Christall mythtv at mctubster.com
Fri Apr 15 12:51:21 UTC 2005

Hi all.

I hope someone out there has already done this, as I don't know where to
start!

Currently I have a combo backend / front end running myth, and currently
outputting at 800x600 over analogue VGA (TNT2!) to my 1280x720 DVI
capable projector.  This works pretty well

I want to switch to DVI, and run my projector at its native resolution.
  My box only has PCI slots, and I have found a PCI FX5200 with DVI-I
interface.

1 / Is this possible.  ie is there a modeline to run the FX5200 at
1280x720 over DVI?  Do you still use modelines for DVI output, I guess
there isn't a refresh rate?  If so could I please have it :o)

2 / Would #1 above be called progressive scan?

3 / How would the deinterlacing work (I capture from a DVB card and
PVR350).  Do I need to deinterlace?!  I think at the moment my projector
is doing this?

Let's just say my setup at the moment works, but more through good luck
than good management, hence the 800x600 output, confusion about the rest.

Regards
Steve