[mythtv-users] Sharing data between two backends

Mark Gardner markgard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:11:55 UTC 2005

> I like to share recordings between two backends - one
> in the US and one in Germany. Has anyone done this
> yet? Or an idea how to do that. Data could be rsync'ed
> over night but how to get the database updated or how
> to select the recordings I want. This would be a nice
> new feature.
> Thanks.

I think Rsync would be your best option for the Data Portion.  One
idea would be to just point myhth backend to only one of the Mysql
Servers.  IE both US and Germany point to the Mysql instance in
Germany. (Then again i don't know how heavily the database is hit when
starting a show or if the lag would be acceptable.)

--
            _\ | /_
           (@ @)