[mythtv-users] rpms for 0.18 and CVS rpms (was: 0.18's available)

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 07:59:40 UTC 2005

My major concern from watching the commits list was the flurry of activity
the week or two running up to the release. It seems to happen everytime and
while I don't want to dis the devs and contributers, it does make it a
little dangerous to upgrade to the latest release as soon as it is released.

Perhaps a better apporach would be to have 'code-freezes' that occur a week
or two prior to an expected release, and then only fixes to the current
release are commited, no new features. Perhaps with the branching of the
source each release, this isn't so necassary, its just I wonder how stable
*everything* is.

As I said, the devs do a great job, I just don't want to lose any of the
great MythTV functionality for the whole period between a release.

Dave

--
GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.