[mythtv-users] DVB card for Australia (melbourne)

Geoff O'Callaghan geoffocal at optushome.com.au
Sat Apr 16 09:42:55 UTC 2005

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 01:27:14PM +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:
>
>>>The solution is to get a card based on any other chipset.
>>>The cx23883 cards work great for me; they are the FusionHDTV Plus,

According to the DVICO website they are the FusionHDTV DVB-T and DVB-T
Plus, both using cx23881 as their PCI bridge chip, the Plus and the Lite
use the same Tuner (Thomson 7579) whereas the DVB-T uses the LG-Z201 tuner.

I note the Linux driver site refers to cx23883 - I don't know the
difference between the cx23883 and the cx23881 or the effect that has on
the driver (makes mental note to have a look).

I'm looking to buy a FusionHDTV DVB-T1 (aka DVB-T) tomorrow, anyone had
any good/bad results with this device, such as issues with the LG tuner
as opposed to the Thomson Tuner in the Plus??

-goc-