[mythtv-users] Re: All is fine but remote does nothing in MythTv

John Kondis jkondis at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 21:38:30 UTC 2005

I am also using lirc 0.7.0 (with a PVR 350 using myth
0.17), and it works fine for me with native lirc.

Since:
1) You apparently are compiling and running lirc just
fine, for the Hauppauge, etc., since you get the
correct output from irw when you use the remote.
2) You compiled mythtv with the native lirc support

Then all I can say is:
1) Make sure you have the file ~/.mythtv/lircrc in the
home directory of the user you are running
mythfrontend as (e.g. /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc) and
that the entries are of the form

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = Ch+
    repeat = 3
    config = Up
end

where the "button" field matches the name in your
lircd.conf file (also the third field of the irw
output lines) and "config" matches a key name mythtv
expects.  Make sure "prog" is mythtv.
2) Make sure access permissions for /dev/lircd are rw
and the myth-running user can read ~/.mythtv/lircrc.
3) Make sure there are no syntax errors in lircrc.  I
would use a one-button configuration for
troubleshooting.
4) Once I remember if I ran irw before running
mythfrontend, mythfrontend would not be able to
connect to lircd.  So, avoid using irw before
launching mythfrontend.

Look at the log files for mythfrontend and lircd (or
the text output if you run them from a shell) and
examine any errors.  Other than that, ???