[mythtv-users] ...misuse of Mythvideo

Dean Vanden Heuvel deanv at cox.net
Sun Apr 17 03:19:19 UTC 2005

I have been using Mythtv for over a year now, and I have never done much
with Mythvideo.  In fact, I had mapped the video directory to be the
same as that used for recordings.  When I would enter mythvideo, the
display would show many videos, with long indecipherable names...the
names that Myth gives to its recordings.

Today, I remapped the directory to a new dir, and dropped an "avi" file
into it.  When I tried to enter mythvideo to see the listing, it took
many minutes before the screen appeared...then there were no listings.
My CPU is very busy during the wait, and using another networked
computer, I ran "top" and learned that it is Mysql that seems to be
thrashing for some time.

I have searched the list here for some advice, but I haven't found
anything quite the same.  Any ideas as to what might be causing the problem?

-dvh