[mythtv-users] Complile VS binary

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 11:48:49 UTC 2005

Could it just be that the self compile route provides the optimal build. I
noticed the same thing with VideoLAN, I couldn't encode on the fly with the
binary, but CPU usage was much less than 100% with the self-compiled
versions.

On 4/17/05, Paul Manning <paul_manning22 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have had a unique experience since upgrading my Myth
> install to version .18.
>
> My IVTV captured video quality has improved
> remarkably. I couldn't wait for a binary (Mandrake) so
> decided to take the plunge and download and compile my
> install instead.
>
> I've checked the latest changes list and can't see any
> major improvements mentioned about video quality, so I
> can only assume the compile has rectified the video.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?
>
> By the way, Myth rocks! Keep up the great work.

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.