[mythtv-users] pvr150 video is split in half after tuning/changing channels in MythTV

Mike Lee cslinuxboy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 16:28:02 UTC 2005

Hello all,

    I am having a problem with my pvr and thought I would start here
first to solve the problem.  First, I'll give some background.  I have
an Asus Pundit-R with a Hauppauge pvr150 (NTSC-M).  Running MythTV
0.17.
    I downloaded the latest .3 ivtv drivers, compiled and installed,
made the appropriate modifications to my /etc/modules.conf file for
the ivtv video devices.  Rebooted and did "cat /dev/video0 >
vidtest1.mpg"  Viewed the file and it looks great!  However, when I go
into mythtv and select "Watch TV" the channel appears, but at the very
bottom, there is a little horizontal squigly line.  If I exit out of
"Watch TV" and then select "Watch TV" again, the channel viewing area
is cut in half.  The top half is the actual picture, and looks good,
but the bottom half is just a still-frame reply of the first frame of
the channel.  If I try to tune from there, the problem persists until
I unload and reload the ivtv driver.
    So, basically I don't know if this is caused by the ivtv driver or MythTV.

    I have downloaded, extracted and installed the latest Hauppauge
firmware using the ivtvfwextract.pl program.  I set the pvr150 tuner
and standard type to 50 and 1 respectivly when loading the ivtv driver
(I got the tuner type via dmesg).  I looked in my log file and no
error messages are being reported.
    Can someone guide me in the right direction?  Is this caused by
MythTV or the ivtv driver.
     As always, thanks in advance.

Mike Lee