[mythtv-users] Re: Myththemes 0.18 and apt-get

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Sun Apr 17 18:34:30 UTC 2005

Axel Thimm wrote:

>>The missing myththemes and mythplugins packages are why the core
>>packages are in bleeding. Granted, the myththemes package is trivial,
>>but I'm investing more time into getting mythplugins working on all
>>supported platforms.

I figured it might be something along those lines, and can certainly see
where the priorities are.

>P.S. it is as trivial as unpacking the myththemes tarball and doing
>
>cp -a Iulius Minimalist-wide Titivillus Titivillus-OSD /usr/share/mythtv/themes/

Thanks for the extra info.  My linux skills still aren't all that hot (I
had to dig in the tar manpage to figure out how to extract a tar.bz2,
for instance).  That worked with one minor point that I'll include here
in case someone else has the same problem.  After going from 0.17 to
0.18 with Minimalist-wide, and extracting and moving these files, the
screen generated will be garbled (the icon/pictures are not laid out
across the screen and paint on top of each other).  To fix it, switch to
another theme and then switch back.  That will rebuild everything so
that it all looks right again.

Jeff.