[mythtv-users] Myth LCD and 0.4.5 vs. 0.5 cvs

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:04:29 UTC 2005

On 4/17/05, Chase Douglas <cndougla at purdue.edu> wrote:
> I just bought an ahanix case which comes with a VFD compatible with the hd44780
> driver. I began using LCDproc 0.4.5, but I get a few garbage characters and
> sometimes the display will go crazy and display all garbage or sometimes nothing
> at all. The cvs version of LCDproc seems to help with the stability of my
> display and as far as I have tested, I get no corruption of the display with the
> cvs version. However, mythtv does not seem to work with the cvs version. All I
> get out of the LCD when using 0.5 and mythtv is the heartbeat at the top right
> of the display. Everything else is blank. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix
> LCDproc to get good output with LCDproc and 0.4.5, I would appreciate it.
> Otherwise, can mythtv be updated to work with LCDproc 0.5 cvs?
>
> Thank you

I have the same issue:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/124103?search_string=LCD;#124103

I had to revert back to .4.5 for it to work.  I, too, have junk on my
display constantly.  MythTV yesterday said that it was 5:73 PM and the
other morning it was 6:113 AM and I always have random characters
elsewhere that don't clean correctly or just show up.  Not sure about
you, but that seems like a bug to me :). It's very clear that LCDproc
v.5 and CVS is a MUCH better driver (much smoother and responsive),
but again, it didn't work for me in myth.  The only exception is that
the CVS version of LCDProc worked (better I might add) in mythmusic
than .4.5 does.  It'd be great if mythtv would support version .5 of
LCDProc, but I'm not sure which developers are/have been working on
LCD functionality.  I think .5 could possible fix a lot of the random
characters we see using the .4.5 driver with myth.

Thanks!
Matt