[mythtv-users] Configure script says "XvMC support no" (err, YES!)

D. L. sharky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:09:49 UTC 2005

If the ./configure script says "XvMC support no" and I need xvmc,
should I fix this before I qmake/make?

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   yes
xv support       yes
XvMC support     no <<<<<<<<
XvMC VLD support no
OpenGL vsync     no
DirectFB         no

I need xvmc because I'm doing hidef/pchdtv and I only have an athlon
2100+.  My friend has the same setup and is successful using myth with
xvmc, so I think I need it.  The configure script has changed since he
compiled myth.

Doing websearches, I see that you used to uncomment the xvmc lines in
settings.pro, but my settings.pro has no xvmc lines.  Again, I suspect
this is because of changes/enhancements to the configure script.

Is the "XvMC support no" line gospel?  If so, how do I change this to YES?

I have a nVidia FX5200 (MSI) and verified that the latest drivers
(7174) are loading, by looking at my Xorg.0.log after X starts.  No
other revs of nvidia drivers were installed on this system.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Donn