[mythtv-users] Program Genres as Recording Groups

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 20 02:47:39 UTC 2005

I think the MythFrontend UI allows Recording Groups to be used as the
left-panel "Watch Recordings" selector instead of each individual show
title.

One of the popups in "Watch Recordings" also allows you to set the
left panel to contain show genres (Sitcom, Talk, Crime Drama, etc.).

The show genres are good enough for me; I don't want to have to think
about how to categorize my shows.

Is there a way to make the show genres appear in the left panel by
default without having to his the OSD popup?

--Rob