[mythtv-users] Re: Sounds woes, FC3 Install using Jarod's Guide

Nate Thompson nightstrm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 15:10:19 UTC 2005

That never seems to work properly for me. After doing the store, it
would work fine until I rebooted, and I'd have to reload alsamixer and
reset a couple switches before the sound would work. I've found by
leaving dmix open all the time in the background, the settings seem to
survive a reboot without any problems.

Not sure why this is, 'aslactl store/restore' worked fine when I was
running FC2.

Nate