[mythtv-users] FC2 kernel problems

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 02:12:13 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am currently running a stable MythTV .18 install on FC2 kernel 2.6.9-1.11
I wanted to upgrade my nvidia drivers to the latest 7174 version.

Through synaptic, the only kernel it shows for nvidia drivers in FC2
is 2.6.10-1.770 (and 771).

So I considered upgrading to this kernel, but I can't find it. I can
find a 2.6.10-2.1 kernel but there are none of the required Myth
packages (ivtv, lirc, etc) available other than alsa

No matter what FC2 kernel I look at, I can't find one that has both
the kernel and all the required modules available. Am I missing
something here or is it becoming a necessity to upgrade to FC3? I'd
prefer not to have to go FC3 if FC2 will continue to be supported for
a while as the FC3 upgrade seems way more involved.

Thanks

Robin