[mythtv-users] videomenu.xml - ??

Jon Eklund eklundj at mac.com
Thu Apr 21 05:31:30 UTC 2005

I'm trying to get the music-videos-shuffle thing working.  I googled
around a bit, and settled on the add-an-option-to-videomenu.xml
solution that's been mentioned here before.  I've run into a slight
problem, though -- I've been poking around for weeks and I can't find
that menu anywhere on my frontend.  I'm running a recent 0.17, and I
can't find my "shuffle music videos" button, nor can I find a menu that
looks like videomenu.xml -- at least, I can't find the "video manager"
button that's also listed in videomenu.

Was this file deprecated?  Am I doing something totally wrong?  Where
should I see a new option show up?  And what's the "video manager"?

I can see all my videos in mythvideo, but I've tried pushing "menu" in
browse, list, and gallery modes and no dice.  I could put it in
library.xml, but it seems like the sort of thing that should be in the
video system somewhere rather than wandering around on its own.