[mythtv-users] PVR-150 Picture Quality

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 01:00:33 UTC 2005

On Thursday 21 April 2005 03:19 am, J. Scott wrote:
> I'm currently running MythTV 0.17 with a WinTV Go tuner card. The box has
> plenty of horsepower for video processing, with an Athlon 2500+.
>
> I'm curious whether the PVR-150 card gives you better picture quality than
> the WinTV Go, or if it just relieves the pressure on the CPU.
>
> I guess I'm looking for a reason to buy a PVR-150!

I have a pvr350 and a pvr150, as well as an old wintv pci and the wintv pci
never stayed in the box for more than a couple days.  You'll be pleasantly
surprised how much better the quality is with the pvr cards, in my opinion.
They look fantastic.  I have other reasons for not keeping the wintv pci card
in though.  Because I'm using the pvr350's tv-out, it just can't produce a
smooth, clean playback of mpeg4 or rtjpeg encoded files since it's not using
the decoder.  So I'm sticking with the two pvr's for now.

~Lou