[mythtv-users] Okay, I've got my asbestos longjohns on ...

M.K. Smith hownowbrowncow at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:05:04 UTC 2005

On 4/20/05, Ryan A. Carris <racarris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/20/05, M.K. Smith <hownowbrowncow at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ... so flame away if I'm really exhibiting my n00bidity here,
> > but I'm having trouble with apt-get from atrpms.  My Mythbox
> > (built on FC2, thanx JW and thanx AT, muchly!) did a flawless,
> > effortless upgrade from 0.16 to 0.17 using apt-get update &&
> > apt-get dist-upgrade.
> >
> > Trying to do the same from 0.17 to 0.18  results in "0 upgraded,
> > 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded" even when
> > I try "apt-get upgrade mythtv".  (This is after allowing the machine
> > to dio all other updates successfully.)
> >
> > Sooooooo ... pray tell, what am I doing wrong?
>
> Go to www.atrpms.net and you will see that Axel has Myth 0.18 in
> testing while he works the bugs out of the packaging.  0.18 will be
> there soonl,  it takes Axel a while to do his thing.  Just be patient,
> and maybe next time, check the archives, this has been answered
> previously.  Also, check the atrpms.net site and mailinglist archives.
>  I'm sure the answer is probably there too..

Yep, I knew I was doing something wrong all right, and that something
is not paying close attention to color.  I'd visited ATRPMS.net,
and the sea of blue on most of the Myth RPMs kind of lulled me.  So
there you have it, failure to pay proper attention and egregious posting
with no aforethought.  Guilty as charged.

Guess it's too late to claim I'm using a greyscale monitor, eh?

Oh well, maybe this will save someone else from looking the fool also.
I'm happy to sacrifice myself for the common good ...