[mythtv-users] cpu cooling recommendations?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:02:47 UTC 2005

> Totally agree - have a Zalman AlCu 7000A on my P4 2.4C and it works
> like a charm. The fan-mate controller gives you a good degree of
> control over the fan speed too, so will try it out in my Pundit-R to
> help control the noise issue.

That's interesting - when I plugged my Fanmate into the equation I
found that the fan went at only one speed and that was top speed and
it wouldn't turn down, so it was actually quite noisy then. Not sure
if I should have left it for a few minutes until it decides it's OK to
slow down or something, but I decided it wasn't worth it so I
unplugged the Fanmate. Got no help from Zalman on their support forum
which was disappointing. Not a major drama as the CPU temp hovers
around 50 C.

Is there a special trick to getting the Fanmate to work?

Regards,
Phill