[mythtv-users] Any UK users of Myth with LCDProc?

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:28:04 UTC 2005

On 4/22/05, Robin Elvin <rob at fearsedge.com> wrote:
> I bought one of the HD44780 clones from Maplin for £9.99 - works a treat
> although you have to make the parallel lead up yourself but that's really
> easy.

Wow, wish I'd seen that before I bought :-( Much cheaper....

Mine is fitted in a black Accent HT-400 case (fits nicely in with my
Yamaha amp :-) ). The perspex window in these cases has nothing behind
it and the VFD fits there. There is a small amount of space to one
side where I mounted my IR receiver diode for the remote.

To be honest I don't really use the VFD much. The unit sits under the
TV in a cabinet and the two-line display is a bit far away to really
be much use. Or maybe I'm just old with failing eyesight...

Actually, to be a complete replacement for the VCR I really need a
double height VFD displaying the time :-)

--
Neil Milne