[mythtv-users] Installed .18 today now I have massive CPU load from myth

David Kyle 4of11 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 23 02:22:55 UTC 2005

I'm not having quite as much of a dramatic jump as you, but I noticed
that recording in MPEG4 format now takes about 50% of my P4 2.4 GHz
(with hyperthreading), whereas it used to be more like 30%.  I've had to
turn of Bob deinterlacing on playback, otherwise live TV is unusable
(although that might be partly due to a problem with XV -- I get around
60% CPU usage just playing back, but that was true in .17).