[mythtv-users] Installed .18 today now I have massive CPU load from myth

Neale Swinnerton mythtv-users.spam at isismanor.com
Sat Apr 23 09:07:59 UTC 2005

You know that from 0.18 the configure script only does processor
optimisation with --enable-proc-opt, right?

also the ebuild in portage disables mmx, which isn't good. This is
probably because the author of the ebuild was having problems building
with aggressive CFLAGS.

Try editing the ebuild to re-enable mmx and use --enable-proc-opt,