[mythtv-users] Mac OS X CVS Snapshot

Art Morales bioart at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 21:22:00 UTC 2005

On 4/22/05, Byron Poland <wpoland at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/22/05, Ashley Bostock <abostock at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Was wondering the same myself, I downloaded that the other day but
> > missed seeing the date on it, ran it to connect to my 0.18 backend and
> > it downgraded the database schema number thus causing all my 0.18
> > frontends to fail when connecting as they were tring to upgrade the
> > database and failed on an insert due to several duplicate column
> > names.
> >
> > Didn't think a pre 0.18 frontend would a) be allowed to connect due to
> > different version number and b) be allowed to downgrade the database.
> >
> > Ash.
>
> I gave that a shot last night as well, and was wondering what borked
> my db.  I ended up just rebuilding it, since it was a fresh myth
> install.  Guess I need to tell my dad not to connect

I saw the same, but all I did was change the number of the database
schema version in the db to 1082 iirc...  worked fine afterwards..
(Took a while to figure out what was breaking the rest of myth :)

The biggest issue I have now is that when my minimac comes back from
sleep, the network doesn't fully come back and I get lots of dropouts
until I reboot

It is very cool to have the minimac be a frontend though :)

Art