[mythtv-users] What is X-Video?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 04:26:30 UTC 2005

On 4/23/05, Cecil Watson <cwatson at linkline.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >   Newbie question #2. What is X-Video? How do I get it turned on?
> >

> Google is your friend.  In short, your video adapter (chipset), must
> support Xv (hint, hint.  What video card do you have?).
>
> Regards,
>
> Cecil

Hi Cecil,
   Thanks for answering. I have been Googling but I'm not a developer
or software guy so much of the fine stuff gets by me.

1) On the mythtvbackend machine we have an Intel device:

0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82865G Integrated
Graphics Device (rev 02)

2) On my laptop I have an ATI:

0000:01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M9+ 5C61
[Radeon Mobility 9200 (AGP)] (rev 01)

The Intel is very new but so far I canot get Myth to display anything
there. I would have thought it would support everything since it's
Intel.

I'm just now building mythfrontend on my laptop to see if I can view
it on the Radeon. Actually the laptop has an svideo plug on it so I
might even hope to eventually drive a TV from it if things work out
right.

Is that enough to get an yes/no on each platform?

Thanks,
Mark