[mythtv-users] 2 EPG entries for channels sharing a frequency

Sim simon.hampton at freebel.net
Sun Apr 24 06:27:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

Many of the channels on my cable subscription are split between two channels -
e.g. Nickelodeon and MTV.

The ripped program data treats each channel separately even though they by
definition never overlap.  As a result in the EPG I end up with two rows with
one or the other marked as being "unknown".  As I browse channels I likewise
have to switch past the same program twice as it occupies two channel numbers
too.

Are there any ways to adjust for this in mythtv, or should I be trying to
pre-process the grabbed info?

Simon