[mythtv-users] Re: Upgrading to mythtv-suite 0.18 fails

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Apr 24 10:28:19 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 12:07:05PM +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > Is this a deja vu, or did I already ask you to test with
> >
> > apt-cache policy mythtv
> >
> > If 0.18 doesn't show up then apt-get update is failing. If it does,
> > then your /etc/apt/priorities is messed up.
> >

> Errrm - must be deja-vu. This is the 1st time I've tried to update to
> 0.18. I ran apt-cache and this is what it said:
>
> [elm|~]# apt-cache policy mythtv
> mythtv:
>   Installed: 0.17-95.rhfc2.at
>   Candidate: 0.18-107.rhfc2.at
>   Version Table:
>      0.18-107.rhfc2.at 0
>         996 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/2/en/i386/at-stable pkglist
>      0.17-97.2.rhfc2.at 0
>         996 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/2/en/i386/at-stable pkglist
>      0.17-97.1.rhfc2.at 0
>         996 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/2/en/i386/at-stable pkglist
>  *** 0.17-95.rhfc2.at 0
>         100 RPM Database

It all looks well, this output is not compatible to the posted
apt-get's output on trying to install 0.17. You must have changed
something, try upgrading again.

> 0.18's in there so my priorities must be screwed (you did tell me
> about this once ages ago). I don't actually have a priorities file.
> I've got a rpmpriorities - is that the same thing? What should my
> priorities file look like if I create it?

I meant preferences.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net