[mythtv-users] Alsa settings

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 02:22:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a soundblaster live 5.1 in my Mythbox and have just upgraded to
the latest alsa (on FC2). I have noticed an improvement in quality of
the stereo recordings played through my DPL-II receiver.

I am curious to know, in alsamixer which sliders do you have "up" and
at what value.

Here are my settings:
Master: 87
Bass: 50
Treble: 50
PCM: 100 (With a green 00 under it)
Wave: 96
Wave Capture:8
Music Capture: 8
Line: 100
Capture: 100
AC97 Capture: 2

Everything else is Muted and/or 0

Also, I can recall more than once that sometimes some EMU sliders show
up, but seemingly not always. Messing with their settings does strange
stuff like make the audio only come out of one speaker (not because of
different left right settings). I have never quite got what the ideal
settings should be so any light that can be shed would be helpful.

Robin