[mythtv-users] .18 MythWeb weather.php still broken

jasonmollman at atlanticbb.net jasonmollman at atlanticbb.net
Mon Apr 25 12:37:56 UTC 2005

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:22:55 -0700
  Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
>> I thought this was fixed in .18, but it seems that the
>>MythWeb weather.php
>> page still tries to get the weather map from
>>w3.weather.com. To fix this,
>> look at lines 209 and 214 in weather.php and change them
>>to www.weather.com
>
> Works fine for me, always has.
>
> Any reason why www is better/worse than w3?  What does
>mythweather use now?
>
> -Chris

In .17, both MythWeb's weather module and mythweather
pointed to w3.weather.com for radar maps. Then at some
point w3 either stopped working or was removed by
weather.com. Mythweather was definitely fixed to get radar
maps from www.weather.com, but after updating to .18 the
Mythweb weather module still didn't work until I changed
the php code to go to www.weather.com.

Others have said that w3 works for them now, so who knows.

-JM