[mythtv-users] Deleting metadata from MySQL

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 04:51:45 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I started by looking here:

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html

but did not find even a clue to this question. When I was first
setting up MythTV over the weekend I was recording the wrong input on
the PVR-250. I got some very large files. Not understanding much about
the program I just went ahead and deleted the files. Now I find that
the MySQL database still contains references to these programs. When I
try to delete the program the database will not remove it because it
cannot find the file.

How does one clean up after a problem like this? I imagine that if you
had a hard drive failure and lost a bunch of recordings that the
problem would be similar.

In the log I'm seeing a line like this:

2005-04-25 21:44:27.718 ERROR when trying to delete file:
/TVstorage/1009_20050423120800_20050423121600.nuv. File doesn't exist.
 Database metadata will not be removed.

I hope this is easy. It's not a huge issue since there are only two of
them but they size is large so it's counting against the allocated
disk space pretty significantly. (Not that it matters much,)

Or maybe the metadata will be removed when the drive fills and Myth
needs to make room?

Thanks in advance for your inputs,
Mark