[mythtv-users] Recordings spontaneously slow down

Philip Nelson phatfil at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 26 05:49:50 UTC 2005

> I've been having a problem for a while (but only since switching to
> .17), where occasionally, partway through recording something, it will
> suddenly slow down -- the  video slows to about 70% normal speed, and
> the audio drops in pitch accordingly.  It doesn't happen all the time,
> and I cannot reproduce it, nor do I have any idea as to what causes it.
> I know that the problem is during recording, because if I export the
> .nuv to another format, the problem remains.  Has anybody else had this
> problem?

I am having either the same problem as you or something similar (also
happened since 0.17) - part way through a recording, quite randomly, sound
drops out totally and video slows right down. Eventually (perhaps 5-10
minutes) it speeds up again, but audio doesn't come back - it's very
frustrating.

Are you using dvb? For me, when this happens, the mpeg stream goes bad for
a second or two (as if I've got a low signal, but I don't think I do),
audio then cuts out and video goes slow. It seems to happen quite
randomly, and has happened when I've been watching live tv - I changed
channels, changed back and it was fine again.

Philip