[mythtv-users] MythTV Backend Crash after MythWeb access

Jim Herold jim.herold at comcast.net
Tue Apr 26 13:34:44 UTC 2005

Ok, started this thread last week, but have been trying to narrow it
down.  I've copied a couple responses to the thread below.

My best guess at this point is it seems to be accessing MythWeb when
it's close to time for a scheduled recording to kick in that triggers
the crash.  Haven't found any consistency to any particular part of
MythWeb that triggers the crash.

If mythbackend left a core file lying around, where would I look for it.

I'm somewhat of a Linux rookie, so thanks for your patience and help!!

Jim H.

here's the original thread

>  / I've been consistently getting mythbackend crashes after access to
>  MythWeb. It's not always immediately, and seems to take 2 or 3
>  accesses before the crash occurs. Has anyone else seen this, or have
>  any ideas of a fix?
/
Can you give me a little more detail?  Which page in mythweb?  All
pages?  recorded programs?

-Chris

If mythbackend left a core file lying around, I'd be interested in
what a backtrace shows.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA