[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Frontend - HDTV Capable?

Matt Mousseau matt at amsvans.com
Tue Apr 26 13:59:35 UTC 2005

I am currently building my main myth box to have HDTV capability (At
least I hope):

Asus K8N-E Deluxe (Socket 754, nForce 3 250gb)
Crappy GF4 w/ tvout (gonna replace to get a dvi port, taking
recommendations ;-))
Athlon 64 2800+ (Newcastle)
1 GB DDR400 SDRAM
2 WD 250gb SATA Drives (going to 4 soon)
Firewire card (to be purchased, just gonna make one that works with the
DCT6200)

Hoping this system will play back HDTV content well. (Anyone got an
opinion?). Once this system is together 100%, I want to add a Mac Mini
as a frontend (would go back in my room). So, would it be able to
playback HDTV? The network link would be gigabit...

Matthew Mousseau
AMSVans, Inc. Webmaster
matt at amsvans.com