[mythtv-users] Difference between Recording Schedules and Scheduled Recordings MythWeb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Apr 26 17:21:27 UTC 2005

> What is the difference between the Recording Schedules and the
> Scheduled Recordings?  How can I get a Recording Schedule to record?

Well, a "recording schedule" is a schedule.  and a "scheduled recording"
is a specific thing that you will record (triggered by a schedule).
"scheduled recordings" may someday be renamed to "upcoming recordings"
or something to avoid confusion (just haven't done it yet).

All you should need to do is set up a schedule to match something and
you should have it show up in the scheduled recordings page.  So go into
the program listing page, click on a show, set it to record when you
want (always, weekly, etc), then click the "update recording settings"
button.  It'll save (still needs some kind of notification, I'll get to
that eventually, too), and then you can go to the scheduled recordings
and see it show up.

-Chris