[mythtv-users] 0.18 (gentoo/nvidia) blue video preview

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Tue Apr 26 23:09:12 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 06:31 pm, Louie Ilievski wrote:
> > Broken ebuild which disables the mmx opts.
> >
> > Isaac
>
> I wouldn't say the ebuild is broken.  They don't just throw flags in there
> for no reason.  Although I will say that I don't think they should have
> disabled MMX for everyone.  They should've handled the specific case where
> it causes problems.

It's broken, because they disabled MMX for everyone due to one file not
compiling with someone's weird CFLAGS.  This makes everything run extremely
poorly on gentoo, but, whatever.  I find it pretty funny, since it's the
opposite outcome those using l33t cflags that they don't understand want. =)

> If MMX is required for things to work properly, why is it even offered as
> an option?

Not everything has it, obviously.  However, fixing the c implementation of the
code in question would be extremely easy, if anyone wanted to do so.

Isaac