[mythtv-users] 0.18 (gentoo/nvidia) blue video preview

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Wed Apr 27 06:38:57 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 26 April 2005 03:55 pm, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Because not all CPUs that Myth runs under support MMX.

Obviously.  That was dumb of me not to think of that one  ;-)  Even still
though, those with non-MMX enabled processors will need to compile myth
without MMX support, right?  And if MMX is the cause of the blue preview,
then they're stuck with it.  I think it's fair to say that this is Myth's
fault, and even though that ebuild may wrongfully disable MMX for more people
than it should, it is only an indirect cause of the blue previews.

But anyway, I honestly don't mean to fire anyone up.  Maybe this should be
noted as more of a bug report  :-)  Thanks for all of your efforts - MythTV
is THE greatest piece of software ever created, hands down.

~Lou