[mythtv-users] Recommendations for New Sound Card

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Apr 27 13:58:08 UTC 2005

On 4/27/2005 9:47 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:

>On 4/27/05, David George <david at thegeorges.us> wrote:
>

>>You could try changing AudioDevice from ALSA:default to ALSA:hw:1,0.
>>See the sound section of the docs for where this is located:
>>http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html
>>

>Well, the front page (Section 7) doesn't say much and the
>troubleshooting notes say they don't apply to my PVR-250. So much for
>the easy way.

That is referring to audio capture, not audio playback.

>Currently my user specific setup pages show /dev/dsp for the audio
>device. Cycling through what it offers doesn't give me any ALSA
>options at all. Can I jsut type in ALSA:hw:0,0 or ALSA:hw:1,0 there to
>change sound devices?

Yes, you need to just type the ALSA information in that field.  Also,
make sure ALSA is all upper-case.

>>The alternative would be to create a .asoundrc for your soundcard.
>>There is more info about this at:
>>http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo
>>

>Will consider but I've had problems dependign on .asoundrc in the
>past. Not well documented out here on the fringe. ;-)

Ok, but check out the DigitalSoundHowTo page anyway.  There may be some
useful info in there for you.

--
David

HDTV frontend I'm working on (pictures, mythmon source)
  http://mythhd.info