[mythtv-users] First frontend only machine

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 22:49:19 UTC 2005

On 4/27/05, Tom E. Craddock Jr. <sigtom at sigtom.com> wrote:
> Byron Poland wrote:
> >>3) The 4 controller ports on the front of the XBox are actually just
> >>standard USB 1.1 ports with a different shaped connector and an extra
> >>wire.  You can find many sites on the 'net that have instructions on
> >>how to wire your own USB to XBox cable (or buy one).
> >>

> > A year or so ago there was some M$ promotion where I was able to get a
> > little adaptor that fit into one of the slots on a controller, and had
> > a normal USB port on it.  It was a freebie straight from M$ of all
> > places.
>
> If people want a device like Byron mentioned, I have a source for 3rd
> party versions of them, xbox-USB convertor.  Real cheap, real nice to
> use with your Xbox.  Looks just like the connected that is on the end of
> the controller cord, and it has an LED on it to let you know that its
> enabled.
>

> Tom

Has anyone tried putting a USB hard drive out on one of these
controller ports? USB 1.1 would be slow - possibly too slow for high
quality profiles, but it might mean no immediate need for a hard drive
mod or the ability to attach some other peripheral if needed.

What's the cost Tom. Either reply here or send a note off list.

Thanks