[mythtv-users] apt-get Transaction set check failed

Mark Oliver mark_oliver at java2000.com
Thu Apr 28 03:31:15 UTC 2005

Mike Ryan wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've just tried to run apt-get this morning and ran into this problem.
> Anyone
> else got this?
>
> Cheers
>
> Mike
>
> apt-get upgrade
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages will be upgraded
>  mythtv mythtv-themes
> The following packages have been kept back
>  libmyth mythtv-backend mythtv-frontend mythtv-setup
> 2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 4 not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B/5038kB of archives.
> After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
>        myththemes >= 0.18 is needed by (installed)
> mythtv-suite-0.18-52.at.i386
> E: Transaction set check failed

Yeah, I have a similar issue, only all of the packages are listed as
'will be upgraded.'  And when I run apt-get install myththemes, I get
the message that myththemes is already the newest version.  I have not
had any problems running mythtv, though, so I have not really considered
this to be a problem.  Too many other problems at the moment to get
overly involved in something that is (or at least appears to be) working
just fine.
mark