[mythtv-users] VGA to Component adaptors

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 04:16:16 UTC 2005

Julian Edwards wrote:

> I completely concur.  I've got the Key Digital converter and the
> (Panasonic) TV displays a fantastic picture but flashes its input
> identifier over the picture for any of the modelines I came up with
> that gave a stable picture. This is *really* annoying and has forced
> me back to crappy svideo.
>
> You can probably imagine the response I got from the customer services
> department .... :/

Let me guess... Samsung rear projection?  Jarod's sample doesn't do that
much on mine (it will pop up in the gap between the menu and live TV),
but is horribly overscanned.  I've gotten a few less overscanned
modelines to work, but with that horrid "COMPONENT 2" thing flashing
everywhere.  I did figure out how to get rid of it, though, on my FX5200
card.  Use nvidiasettings to bump the brightness up above about .2, then
turn the brightness down on the set.  I'm sure that loses a bit of the
range, but the "COMPONENT 2" thing quits flashing up, even on an all
black screen.  I never did figure out how to make the settings restore
on boot.  For some reason, I had to reset it every time I rebooted.

Jeff.