[mythtv-users] VGA to Component adaptors

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 13:52:41 UTC 2005

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=173735&CatId=0

> Do you think there is any chance it would work out
> of the box? I'm
> thinking no, but it's almost worth trying. Could I
> hurt anything by
> using it?

In the description it says:
"These cables are not compatible with computer monitor
ports or Y/Cr/Cb video. Note: Your video source must
provide a YPbPr component video signal from the HD15
port to use this cable."
VGA isn't a YPbPr component video signal which is why
you need a transcoder.

Howard