[mythtv-users] Getting multicast video streams in to Myth

Isaac Force gorgonous at web-ster.com
Thu Apr 28 17:19:16 UTC 2005

I'm looking for a way to get multicast video streams in to Myth as a
replacement for using a tuner card to watch/record TV. I've written a
script to 'tune' a video stream and do something with the data, I just
need to figure out how to hand it off to mythbackend.

Do any hooks or interfaces exist that would allow this? I know you can
set the backend to call a program to change channels, but I haven't seen
anything similar for getting the video data itself.