[mythtv-users] WAF Achieves a Positive Value !

Barry Jett bjett80 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 12:25:31 UTC 2005

My better half has always had a subtle dislike for my interest in computers
but displayed a wifely tolerance over the years, no doubt thinking there could
be a lot worse things I could be interested in doing.

My interest in mythtv over the past few months has been subject to the same
spousal indifference...that is, until last night.

Thursday is our TV night, first Survivor, followed by "The Apprentice".  But the
presidents speech delayed Survivor by an hour, so it was aired at the same time
as Apprentice.

Thinking she would miss one of her shows, the wife reluctantly ask, "Can't you
record Apprentice on that thing in your office ?"

Here was my chance...I sank lower in my chair and with an air of superiority,
answered, "It's already being done". Then, after Survivor, I fired up
the Hauppage
Media MVP I had hidden in the TV cabinet, selected "The Apprentice" from my
remote Myth box, and we enjoyed a fine episode of the Trump (sans commercials).

After the show, she remarked, "Hey, that TV thing is pretty handy !"

This was truly my moment of glory !  Thanks to all the fine MythTV
developers and
of course, Isaac, for giving me this brief, (and no doubt still rare) moment of
marital triumph !

Barry

myth-0.16 on epia 10k/PVR 250/Mandrake 10.1
Media MVP front end
myth-0.18 on epia 10k/firewire High Def (development box)/Mandrake 10.1
Intel 2.8G High Def front end/Mandrake 10.1