[mythtv-users] UI issue when starting a recording?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Apr 30 17:40:36 UTC 2005

Aaron Stewart wrote:
> My question is: Can mythbackend dynamically reschedule to use the other
> card for that program, rather than interrupting?

Go to TV Settings->General and check the box for "Avoid conflicts
between live TV and scheduled shows". This will normally use
your second card for channel surfing and would only interrupt
when there are shows scheduled for both cards.

The planned schedule takes precedence over farting around
with channel surfing. Jerking around the schedule at the last
second for the sake of channel surfing is bass awkwards. If you
are channel surfing and see something you want to watch to the
end, press R and it will record to the end so the scheduler will
know your intentions. You can watch it to the end now or later,
you can go to other menus without losing what is in the buffer,
etc.

--  bjm