[mythtv-users] Timestretch = chipmunk audio, also timestamp problem with 3x FF

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Sat Apr 30 21:06:10 UTC 2005

Nick Rosier <nick.rosier at gmail.com> writes:

> On 4/30/05, Louie Ilievski <loudawg at comcast.net> wrote:
>> Hi all, I'm using a PVR-350 TV-Out on my Myth box and I've always had this
>> problem from the time timestretch was added as a feature to CVS from a couple
>> days ago.  Timestretch when using the 350 does not compensate for pitch
>
> Been trying to get a test case working where the audio line-out from
> the PVR is redirected to audio-on of my motherboard, sound is
> processed and audio-out is sent to my stereo.

I was wondering if it'd be better to get myth to extract the audio
from the MPEG-2 stream, decode it, do pitch adjustment if necessary,
and send the result through the audio card.  Not only would this get
rid of the pitch change, it would mean that in normal use, the
passthrough audio cables wouldn't be needed.

(If this were implemented, it should of course be optional.)

Dan