[mythtv-users] YPrPb component out for MythTV

Dan Christian dac at x.cx
Mon Aug 1 00:49:28 EDT 2005

I have a 6600GT from BFG Tech (model 6600 GTOC).  It outputs component fine
(mostly).

I do have a bug that the VGA text output on DVI (dual screen mode), has funny
colors when I'm also using the component (cloned dual screen).  Text that
should just be white on black is magenta in the middle.  Weird, but readable.
X looks fine.

I can get 480p and 540p working fine.  1080i jitters up-down (like the
interlace timing is wrong) on both DVI and component.  I can't test 720p on
my HDTV.

I haven't been able to compensate for the overscan of the monitor at HDTV
resolutions.  Nvidia has a control for this, but it doesn't seem to have any
effect in the HDTV modes.  In text mode, the component output does correct
for overscan but DVI doesn't.  It's always nice to see the line you are
typing. :-)

If anyone has a working 1080i or a way to properly compensate for overscan,
I'd love to hear it.

-Dan